Friday, October 16, 2015

What Am I Eating These Days?

What is a typical daily diet for me?  I'll show you.  My current philosophy is is a high carb, low fat diet.  I don't try to overdo it on protein since I'm not trying to add muscle, which wouldn't be possible anyway with 8+ hour a week cardio.  



I eat very little meat, mostly because preparation is annoying and also I don't find it has any nutritional benefits that I am not already getting.  If you can prove to me that red meat in my diet would make me a better cyclist I'd love to see the study.  Until then, it's safe to say I get enough protein as it is.  Combined with the fact I am not calorie restricting and the fact that I am still leaner than most human beings I would say the high carb diet isn't making me fat the way bro science would tell you it should.

So here goes a typical weekday for me...

Breakfast:

2 medium bananas
2% fat greek yogurt
1 serving raw almonds

Lunch:  

2 cans of Progresso Chicken Tortilla Soup
1 cup basmati rice added
2% fat greek yogurt

Dinner:

2 baked chicken breast fillets
6 cups basmati rice
1 medium banana

Works out to between 2100 and 2500 calories depending, which is fine for weekdays where I might only burn about 400-500 calories on my ride.  On weekends, I will have a much bigger lunch and dinner as I have an extra thousand and a half calories to add from my longer rides.

No comments:

Post a Comment