Monday, February 28, 2011

Breakfast and Lunch 2/28/11

First day of the week, last day of the month.  Not sure what that means, but it sounds cool.  Probably a busy day, so I'm going to meal plan in advance.

Breakfast:

2 cups kashi crunch cereal
1 cup fat free milk
1 cup blurberries
flax seed oil

Midmorning snack:

1 medium banana

Lunch

2 cups chicken tortilla soup
1 oatmeal raisin cookie
5.3oz icelandic skyr yogurt

Afternoon snack:

1 muscle milk light

Total calories: 1,305

Diet Quality Score: +20

As you can see, I'm going lighter on carbs and heavier on protein.  I won't be doing any training on the bike today, so on days off the bike where I won't be burning as many calories it's better to load up on protein.  Protein has a higher satiety index, meaning I can feel fuller by eating less.  Plus, I don't want to store excess carbs as fat on days when I won't be burning 1,000+ calories of intense cardio.

No comments:

Post a Comment