Sunday, February 13, 2011

Monthly Fitness Test

Hey all.  Some great data from this ride.  Affirmation is cool.


So some raw data before I break it down.

Height: 75"
Weight: 67.2kg
Body fat: 12.2%
BMI: 18.3

8 Mile Time: 19:02
Average Speed: 25.2mph
Average Heart Rate: 175bpm
Average Power 275w
Watt/kilogram: 4.02

So what do these numbers mean?  It means I'm much faster.  I finished the course 17 second faster than this time last month, with a lower heart rate.  This is because I weigh 4lbs less than last month and have 1.3% less body fat composition.  The most important number in cycling is watts/kilogram.  It's a ratio that shows how much power your body puts out per kilogram of weight.  The higher the better.  For the first time in my life, I broke the 4.0 w/kg barrier.  This is a huge bench mark that amateurs shoot for.  Pros shoot for 5.0 or 6.0 depending on their specialty.  Having a 4.0 puts me among the "fast" category of amateur cyclists.  Not anywhere close to a pro, but putting me in the top 20% among amateur racers.  This makes me very happy, because it validates all the hard work and sacrifice that I've put in over the last 6 months to get here.  I cannot wait to see where I am 6 months from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment